Monday, March 28, 2011

Here we go!

I am not sure how well I will keep up with posting the things that go on in our crazy world, but I will try my best! So our little family is not so little anymore. Don and I have 4 beautiful growing boys who, AT ALL TIMES, keep us on our toes! They are wild ones, but I love them all to death. Isaac is 7 as of March 2nd and is in first grade this year. We are in our 2nd year with Pennsylvania Virtual Charter School. He is doing quite well. His favorite subject is Art. lol. Its also the easiest one! He loves to read and do math... as long as its his choice to do it. He is quite stubborn that way, and it has caused quite a few frustrated moments. But all in all we are having a good time and learning a lot together. He is excited to start soccer again this year in June. Both he and Caleb played last year and loved it. Caleb is going to be 5 on April 19th and asks everyday if its his birthday yet. :) He and I are working on mastering his letters and numbers as well as all the other things he needs to know going into kindergarten this coming school year. He is doing very well and I am excited to see how next year will go with 2 of them learning full time. He is also excited to be starting soccer again in June. I am just hoping he ends up actually wanting to play when it comes time this year. Last year he had a little trouble with the whole concept of playing with a team and working together to get the goals. I think it will be a little different this year now that he knows what its all about. Gabe is 3 already!! He had his birthday on March 11. In the past year he really found his voice and hasn't stopped talking since! Gabe loves to learn. He wants to do school with Isaac and Caleb everyday. I think he might just skip the first few grades by the time he gets to go to school because of all that hes picking up from his older brothers. He also loves to read... although he can't read the words yet, he sits down with books all the time and acts like hes reading them. He loves story time when I read them to him and he can actually know what the books say. I am hoping to find something for him to do this spring. He thinks he is old enough now to play soccer with his brothers because he is a "big brother" now! But we will be finding something else I think. :) Eli was born on January 26th 2011, he was my birthday presant to his Daddy! I can't believe that he is already 2 months old! He has been a wonderful baby so far, and I am sure will continue to be one. Even through his hospitol stay at 4 weeks old he expressed very few complaints. Hardly any crying or fussing. He did however show his wilful side. He could definitely let us know when he was unhappy with whatever it was we had to do. And I can't say I blame him when he did, I don't like people poking and prodding me either! I am so happy to have him in our home. He has helped us refocus our priority's and realise some of the things we have been slacking on. Its funny how changes in life will do that to you. Don and I are happier then ever! We are coming up on our 10th anniversary in July. Its not that we don't have our disagreements or misunderstandings, because just like everyone else we do, but we have come so far in the years we have been together that we can appreciate the changes in each other and in our lives. I am grateful for him everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment