Sunday, May 15, 2011
Stake Conference!
Today was Stake conference, but it wasn't just any usual stake conference. It was a Tri State meeting that was broadcast from Utah. It was a wonderful experience that I almost didn't make it to. You see, my husband and I forgot to set the alarm before we went to bed last night. So when I woke up at 9:30 (I was awake prior of course feeding the baby and such, but didn't really open my eyes to the world until then) I rolled back over resigned to the fact that I was going to miss church today. But then I just had the strongest feeling that I shouldn't give in to that and that I should get my tired butt out of bed and go. I decided to go on my own, because to try and get EVERYONE ready when we were already late would have been impossible and stress full. The message given today was so wonderful! It was about missionary work and the true purpose for this life. I was able to come away refocused on being a good example to my family and teaching them the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I will share the Gospel with others too where I can, but right now my job is to focus on my family and making sure that we are doing all the things the lord wants us to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment